SHOW AND TELL IT ALL

SHOW AND TELL IT ALL
Finding God's grace in normal life

Friday, June 4, 2010

Faith Like a Child

Just a couple of weeks ago, we found ourselves in a hotel, which really means we were in the pool past Karson's bedtime helping him learn how to swim and trying to catch him when he spontaneously jumped in. I am amazed at his courage, is this the same kid that 2 summers ago wouldn't jump in? Well it was just Karson and I in the pool and as I said, he enjoys jumping in, I always have to remind him to wait until I am looking and near him so I've taught him to count before he jumps. This gives me at least 1.5 seconds to get to him where he is. He jumps and trusts...oh, I don't think he knows he is trusting, but he's not at all worried or concerned with making sure I will catch him. He just jumps! He jumps without hesitation, he jumps with gusto, he jumps to make a big splash...yet, never asks before he jumps, "Are you going to catch me this time mommy?" Why? Because I have always caught him, I have always been there when he needed to be caught. What faith he has in me as his mommy. He trusts without question. Do I have that kind of faith in my Father? Do I have the faith to jump and believe that I will always be caught without asking, "Daddy will you catch me this time?" I should because I have always been caught when I jump in faith. History proves that God will catch me. History and relationship. Jesus once said to the disciples when they couldn't drive out a demon..."it is because of your little faith, for I assure you: if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will tell this mountain to move and it will move. Nothing will be impossible." (Matt. 17:20) I want to move mountains with my faith, I want to jump without hesitation, without question, without fear...

Before we got out of the pool, Karson went to the shallow step and proclaimed, "I'm going to walk on water." He put his foot confidently on top of the water and it sank, he went under. He came back up truly surprised and said, "oh, I can't" I wonder if he really thought he could, I wonder if he really thought he could and it would have brought glory to God, maybe he would have walked on water. He had already shown faith, and taught me much, so maybe walking on water wasn't necessary.

1 comment:

  1. great post! gentle reminders to have faith like a child.

    ReplyDelete