SHOW AND TELL IT ALL

SHOW AND TELL IT ALL
Finding God's grace in normal life

Saturday, August 27, 2011

When did I become me?

Recently Princess K has been talking about birthday parties.  I guess when you're 3 and you have no concept of time and an active imagination you think about fun things people can do for you.  

She has been choosing everyone's birthday theme according to what she deems appropriate. 

She's chosen hers, her brothers, some friends and neighbors.  She simply looks at them and says, "Yours will be...."  to which most reply, "what are you talking about?"  This doesn't stop her, she's on a mission.  

The other day she was on her choosing cycle again and said this...
"Mine will be princess, Little K's will be dinosaurs, Baby K's will be (giggling) babies, Daddy's will be motorcycles, and Mommy's will be....pause as she thinks of what my party theme will be.

I'm thinking of all the possibilities she has to choose from.  Will she say, "Laundry washer, kitchen sweeper, bathtub scrubber, bottom wiper, mealtime chef, sharing enforcer, hug giver??"
She was still thinking and saying over and over, "Mommy's will be uh uh uh uh..."

She finally says, with a huge oversized smile and a twinkle in her eye, "Just Mommies."

Yep that about sums it up I guess.  

I am Mommy.  

When did I become me?  

I like this me, but it's different than it used to be.  I still try to be organized and plan ahead and know what to expect in any given situation.  But, I forget things, retrace my steps alot, often while saying, "It's not ok to hit your brother," or "remember to use kind words instead of your hands."  I am still me, I'm just different.  I have been given 3 wonderful little lives to mold and shape.  I pray everyday that I am training them up in the way they should go.
This made me think about a journal prayer I wrote awhile back, one I actually put in a scrapbook, that I actually pull out and read every now and then.  

It helps remind me when I became the me that I am.

I wrote this on 12-14-2008
"My passion in life has changed, that's okay-my passion used to be different, now it's little people, my little people...(a smile, a hug, a kiss, a cry).  My passion used to have more status and measurable success, now my passions are a blank slate, a willing heart, an impressionable mind.  My passion used to fuel my personality and drive me to a place and a people...now my passion goes wherever I go and drives my every thought and decision.  My passion now makes life harder, but richer.  My passion shows me how Jesus loves me as His child, how he would give anything for me, how He did give everything for me, my passion interrupts my daily life and agenda-changes my plans, but the plans are much more meaningful now, more important!  I feel that my life has taken a turn-sometimes I don't feel like me, maybe because I'm someone new and different, I have changed just like my passion and maybe that's okay."

God promises in Jeremiah 29:11 that He knows the plans He has for me, plans to give me a hope and a future.  I have held onto this verse as my favorite for over a decade.  God knows what is best and has blessed me with these.  He knew I would become this me way before I did.

So maybe I would have a mommy party.  Where my treasure is there is my heart.

And that would reveal my passion.  That would reveal my heart.

1 comment:

  1. Your Mom would have a Mommy Party too! Part of our 101 minute conversation tonight prompted by the pink and green rice picture was "when does she do all of this." I see the time of this post and now I know! You are quite amazing and are worthy of our amazed watching from afar! Love you!

    ReplyDelete