SHOW AND TELL IT ALL

SHOW AND TELL IT ALL
Finding God's grace in normal life

Monday, December 12, 2011

I Have Decided

Last night was a great night!  Resonate Church...new place, new life!  Our church moved locations because we outgrew our old one, and we had our baptism service.  God uses these services to remind me of how much he is working in and around us!


25 people, changed forever.


They decided to follow Jesus.


I decided to follow Jesus a long time ago, I've never looked back or doubted (by the grace of God).  Though I do believe I have to decide everyday too.


Little K is watching.


Princess K is watching.


Am I deciding everyday to follow Jesus?


Some days I follow my own way, it's not so good in the end.  I am impatient.  I like control.  I like exact expectations.  I hate mess.  When following my own way, these things trip me up.


It's not pretty.


Little K is getting curious about deciding to follow Jesus.  He's been asking questions, real questions.  I want with all my heart for him to decide to follow Jesus too.  I want to live purposeful and for him to see that following Jesus is better than not.


He told me the other day, "I asked God for it to snow on our Christmas Mom."  I told him God knows what is best and sometimes he answers our prayers with No.  He said, "but I asked him anyway Mom."  I smiled to myself and said a prayer for snow too.  If for no other reason than to show how big God is to a little boy hoping for a white Christmas.  I told Little K again, sometimes God's answer is Yes and sometimes it's No.  Little K said, "I hope it's Yes!" 


So Saturday we have Christmas, but even if it's not white and God doesn't answer all my prayers just like I want Him too.  I will decide to follow Jesus, one day at a time.  Sometimes one minute at a time.


I pray you have decided to follow Jesus too.


You can pray for snow if you want, Jesus cares about the desires of our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment