SHOW AND TELL IT ALL

SHOW AND TELL IT ALL
Finding God's grace in normal life

Friday, January 15, 2010

Teachable Moments-Weddings

Tonight while driving in the car, Karson began to ask about weddings...you see during quiet time in his room he found a plastic ring and calling it his wedding ring and put it on his finger. Thus prompting his wedding conversation...he asked will I be married and live by myself? Will I get married when I am a grown up? I told him he could get married if he wanted to when he was a grown up...he asked if he would marry Karis. I talked about how you marry someone who isn't in your family, not your sister or your mother, and someone who is your best friend. He then named his best friend (who is a boy of course) and said he would marry Sam. I said boys marry girls and girls marry boys...then he decided he would marry Sam's sister and Karis could marry Sam. I thought this was funny and quite smart...he thought since he couldn't be with his family, whom he cannot imagine life without, he would marry his friend. Karson then said, can I ask Ella to marry me? I told him that maybe when he was a grown up he would ask her. I don't think that this moment we just arranged a marriage, but it will be interesting to see if he chooses to talk to Ella about this, let's see.

No comments:

Post a Comment